Saturday, January 7, 2012

An antibiotic kind of winter?

It seems so.  It is only the first week of the year and already I'm on antibiotics.  Mind you, I was on an antibiotic from December 21 - 30.  I felt really good by the 30th but....that didn't last long.  I can't help but believe the weather plays some part in this:  on January 1st, it was a beautiful, sunny day of 50 degrees; a few days later, it was 6 degrees when I woke up.

I wonder, too, if I've had too cavalier an attitude toward recovery.  Should I have been more cautious around the holidays?  Should I have avoided dining out?  Should I have hibernated at Christmas?  Am I washing my hands often enough? Yes, my chapped hands reply.  Am I drinking enough?  Most definitely.  Am I getting enough fresh air and exercise?  Three miles of walking outside each day has been my goal.  Am I eating well?  Hmmm...well, I'm eating...but most of the time it is healthy, though there is room for improvement.  (remember that resolution to eat an anti-inflammatory diet?)

It's difficult to find balance.  How do I go out and live my life without actually going out and living my life??  How do I not become a prisoner to this cancer??  I continue to search for the answer.

For now, though, I'll stay at home, spend my working hours in my home office, and don a mask when the day comes that I am ready to venture out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment