Thursday, August 16, 2012

Has it been one year already?

Well, almost.  August 23rd is the actual one year anniversary of my stem cell transplant. But on this day last year, I was at the Kraft Family Blood Donor Center for the second day of stem cell collection.  Today, I was at Dana-Farber for my childhood immunizations. I had 5 in all:

  • DTaP
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Hib
  • Meningococcal
  • Pneumococcal

Now that's 6 but it came in 5 shots - 2 in one arm, 3 in the other.  Ouch, ouch, ouch - my arms are very sore:-(  However, since they are not live vaccines, I won't suffer through the flu-ish symptoms that often accompany vaccinations.

Other news from my visit with Dr. A:  no news is good news!  My myeloma remains quiet and I remain in remission, thanks be!  My white blood cells and my platelets continue to hover on the low side but this seems to be a part of my 'new normal.'  Next month - my Zometa infusion, but I am done with the pantamidine, and will soon be done with the acyclovir and folic acid.  It will be good to be taking fewer pills every day!

On a different note, Team Multiple Miracles has surpassed its goal of $10, 000!  We are at $10, 385 and the donations continue to arrive.  The love, support, and generosity are truly overwhelming.  My family and I feel blessed and so fortunate to have such an outpouring from our family, friends, and colleagues.  I know the funds raised for the MMRF will be well-spent, as 90% of all donations to the MMRF go directly to research. Someday, before we go over the rainbow, there will be a cure!

1 comment:

  1. August 25th will be two years for EZ and he has been through lots of immunizations as well. So happy for your good news and for all that is being raised through Team Multiple Miracles for the MMRF. Keep up the good work on all fronts!

    ReplyDelete