Wednesday, June 15, 2011

99% Complete Response!

That was the good news I received from Dana-Farber today! After just 2 full rounds of treatment, followed by a half round, and just into my 4th round, I've had a great response!  So this, round 4, is my last round. Wow!!!!  No more tingling face!  No more insomnia!  No more digestive issues!

Next step in this journey: I'll be back to D-F in a few weeks (not scheduled yet) to learn more about stem cell transplant. The plan thus far is to start a new drug regimen later in July to boost the production of my good cells, so that my stem cells can be harvested a few weeks later. At some point after that, I'll head back again to D-F for the transplant. The transplant will be the scary part. I just have a basic idea of the process - you know, though, that I have been reading about it prior to today! - so I have only a general understanding of the procedure. I do know that it requires some heavy duty hair-falling-out chemo right before the transplant and then a lengthy (3 weeks) hospital stay.  Good thing my mother will be here for the summer!

And Dr. Anderson?  It was pretty clear to me why he's so well-respected.  I am grateful that I reached out to him to ask for help.

I'll keep you posted as I learn more about the transplant and the dates.  For now, I thank you for your prayers, support, and kindness.  I am continually uplifted by family and friends.  And I bow my head and give thanks to the good Lord for this blessing.

And Go Bruins!  Last game of the Stanley Cup, tonight, 8pm, NBC.

No comments:

Post a Comment