Friday, July 8, 2011

News of the day

Blood work - normal
Skeletal survey - normal
Bone marrow biopsy - normal

Yes, those were my results from today!  No multiple myeloma present in my body.  I'd been having normal blood work for the last few weeks, so that wasn't a surprise.  But the latest bone marrow biopsy, well, that was a surprise.

You're probably wondering what this all means.  Me, too.  Hmmm.  The PA said I had outstanding response to the treatment and I'm in remission.

Do I still need the stem cell transplant scheduled for August 20th?
Yes.
I'm not cured?
No, we're hesitant to talk about 'being cured' when it comes to multiple myeloma.
Then why is everything normal?
Because you had an outstanding response to treatment.
Hmmm.

I think it's because grace is shining on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment