Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I'm home

I was discharged a day early and so I am now home sweet home.  It was good to sit outside for a little bit and to nap in my own comfy bed.  My Hickman line was removed (ouch!) before I left BWH and my port was accessed, leaving me with a small needle protruding from my left chest.

I wish I could feel exuberant about leaving the hospital but I have so little energy.  I am exhausted.  The nausea has become a part of everyday life. I am tremendously achy due to the neupogen shots.  I feel physically and emotionally worn down.These past weeks were difficult and challenging.

But now the challenge, this challenge, is over.  There will be more challenges to come, no doubt. After a few days of rest, I'll be ready for whatever is put in my path.

I know it's only 7:30 at night, but I am heading to bed.  Good night to all!

1 comment:

  1. There really is no place like home! Congrats on getting through some very tough days, and we are praying for lots of rest and increased energy!

    ReplyDelete