Sunday, September 11, 2011

A week of extremes

It's been quite a few days since my last posting.  I'm sorry about that but it's been a rather rude and rough welcome home.  It's been a week of extremes:  extreme fatigue, extreme nausea, extreme aches and pains, and extreme aversion to anything that might possibly keep me hydrated.  For some reason, I thought I'd arrive home with a just few aches and pains and a little fatigue.  Wrong, wrong, wrong.  Really wrong.  I was far more physically comfortable in the hospital, thanks to nurse Brenda who hooked me up to a morphine drip with my very own little 'push here to feel better soon' button.  And at night when I was sleepless, Brenda would say, 'hold on, i'll be back.'  Then she'd appear with a syringe that would push a more-precious-than-gold medication directly into my IV line and soon I'd be in sweet, sweet slumberland.  And when I felt nauseous, she hand me a little tab to melt under my tongue.  It was the best.

Why did all the meds have to change when I came home and why don't these new meds work as effectively as the hospital meds???

Still, the doctors say I'm right on track.  Miserable, yes, but on track.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, sounds pretty horrible. So sorry! Guess we often don't realize the difference with IV vs. oral meds! Glad you are right on track though, and hopefully will be feeling much better very soon! Happy you were well enough to give us an update and hope "miserable" becomes "better". Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you, and praying for better days right around the corner! Hugs

    ReplyDelete