Monday, October 10, 2011

What a difference a week makes!

I know my last blog entry had a few people concerned.  It had been an emotional week.  But that low week came and went, and this past week was quite different.  It was a high week!

I'm working more regularly now from my home office.  It is good to have my brain engaged again with work.  And while I still occasionally have to search my brain for the right word, I think my cognitive engine is chugging less and roaring down the track more often.  It feels good!

And I am exercising more now, too, by way of walking.  This long weekend I clocked more than 13 miles on my pedometer.  I need to continue to walk during the week, though.  I don't want to return to my old habit of being a weekend warrior.

But back to the topic of work.  Tomorrow is a big day.  It's my first professional appearance since the beginning of August.  I have a 3 hour meeting to attend and there has been a lot for me to think about in preparing for it.  Germs, of course, are high on the list.  What if someone in the meeting has a cold?  Do I pop on the mask?  Leave?  I am prepared to do either.  Shaking hands?  Hmmm.  I've got the hand sanitizer in the pocketbook just in case, but I probably will just decline a hand shake or a hug from my colleagues.   What to wear?  Not much fits now that I am down 15 lbs.  I did manage, however, to find an oldie but goodie Ann Taylor suit in my closet that hasn't fit in awhile and now fits.  Whew!  Good thing I didn't give that away!  But the head?  What to do with my somewhat bald head?  Scarf or no scarf?  After much fretting about it and talking with others, I decided on no scarf.  I have teeny tiny hair on my head, so I am not actually bald (pretty close, though!), and I think the scarf makes me look like I'm sick.   No scarf!  And the final consideration - can I last the entire 3 hour meeting after driving 30 minutes to get to the meeting, never mind the fussing to get up early, appropriately dressed, and out of the house on time?  I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Onward and upward!

2 comments: