Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day One

Today is considered Day One post-transplant. Tomorrow will be Day Two and we will continue counting to Day 100. Day 100 will be a marker in my recovery, as will August 23, 2012, the full year post-transplant. The days are important to note because at each marker some of the restrictions will be lifted.

Day One - only 99 more days to the first marker!

Regarding the battle for control of my diabetes, I lost round one. The pump is detached. However, the skirmish continues! My blood glucose as been completely out of control and I'm not happy about this. I've left messages for both my Joslin endocrinologist and my transplant nurse. Taking it one notch further, I told my nurse that I used my own insulin to bring my blood glucose down. Self-medicating is a no-no, of course, but I just couldn't take another high blood glucose. Anyway, that one little act got the attention of the endo team here at BWH and they will be in to see me in the morning for round two.

Other than that, I've not been eating much, just a little bit here and there. I'm not very hungry. I've been sleeping almost round the clock due to the medications and the 2 days of chemo have left me very weak. My hair is falling out rapidly, it seems, but my hair is so thick I still have quite a bit.

I'm told it is still a few days away before I feel the full side effects of the chemo. Yikes! May I sleep through that time, too!

Thank you again for your prayers, cards, emails, and positive energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment