Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day Two and...

...I'm back on my pump! AND my blood sugars are perfect! I am one happy camper :-)

I forgot - and really how could I? - to write about my transplant. To be honest, I slept through most of it. The hospital chaplain did come and talk with me before the transplant and she blessed the 2 bags of cells. Then the homecoming of my stem cells began and I fell back into a medicated sleep.

The nurses tell me I have one or maybe two more days before I'm neutropenic, meaning my immune system and my white blood cells will be gone. Then the stem cells will begin their work of rebuilding my immune system and a healthy new me :-)

Ok, time for evening meds and a tuck-in with warm blankets for a good sleep.

As an aside, some people have mentioned they are not receiving my blog even though they have signed up for 'follow by email'. Please check your email for a notice from either Google or Blogspot that asks you to verify your account on my blog. Once you verify your account, you will receive the blog via email.

No comments:

Post a Comment